St Nicholas's Church Great Wilbraham
The Parish Church of St Nicholas, Great Wilbraham is typical of many village churches found across the shires of England. Whilst unremarkable in many ways, it has a number of interesting features; and it forms an integral part of the village landscape. For some nine hundred years the people of the village have prayed and worshipped in a building on this site. They have been baptised in its font, married at its altar, and buried in its churchyard. It is tempting to believe that during that time the stones, mortar and tiles may have absorbed some of the spirituality and devotion of those souls.
Today, the building remains a focus for worship in the community, a place of quietness and a
sanctuary from the rush of modern living.
St. George's Church
Six Mile Bottom
The architecturally distinctive church of St George in the hamlet of Six Mile Bottom was built in 1933. It was commissioned and largely paid for by the aristocratic Hall family, one-time owners of the Six Mile Bottom estate, designed by the prestigious and distinguished 20th century architects, Seely and Paget, built by the Cambridge builders, Rattee & Kett, and annexed to the parish of Little Wilbraham. It is one of the very few 1930's churches in Cambridgeshire.